Saturday, August 24, 2013

Student Leadership – in the direction it needs to GO!



I read this quote in the internet by Mahatma Gandhi “Be the change that you wish to see in the world” which made me think about today’s work with my student councils on the 12th Student Council Investiture next Monday.

This morning the student councilors, having accomplished a goal which may seemed a bit overwhelming as a task to take on during a single day in their capacity especially the new SC EXCO, but today at least, I saw their determination and effort in trying to be the change they want to see as AI student councilors. In other words, if there were distrust and low morale, today they showed to me by extending trust through teamwork and cooperation. If the student councilors suffered from lack of energy, their focused in all of their runs and re-runs reflect heightened energy which came out from within them.

Whatever it is, I felt in the environment, a renew sense of trust and heightened morale. I too was influenced by them and this was reflected in my attitude and interactions with the student councilors today.

One thing that I learnt from today was that although I won't be able to effect a significant change in a single day, but I am sure to say that with the trust and energy showed by the student councilors, I will definitely discover a way to start taking in the direction that the student leadership unit needs to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment