Friday, November 4, 2011

Looking Back

I looked forward to the November school holidays which are an excellent opportunities for me to take a break from work. It is the small breaks I take with my family that had kept me going all this while. At this point of the year, I am seeing some of my fellow colleagues starting to lose focus. The problem is that we are not finished yet and a sudden realization has started to hit some that their lack of complete commitment might have a cost. And just like the start and end of every week is an excellent opportunity for my weekly reflections. The start of the 2011 calendar year had encouraged me to focus on my goals for the ICT implementation and believed in why we (the school leader and middle managers) have had set those goals.

Now approaching the end of the school calendar, I think that it is a good time to think about how I have had spent my time this academic year and gain some satisfaction from what was achieved. As I looked back on everything that I have done since the start of the year, the co-creation of the ICT Plan, the actual implementation of Student ICT Curriculum which included both the baseline standards and national competitions, I came to realize that it is achievable and that every month can be that productive. Now what is important for me to manage my time effectively, combined realistically with my aspirational goals and growing roles and responsibilities and to focus my energy on what is truly important – the learning of my students.

There are of course things in this past year which seemed less productive than I had hoped it might be, like the implementation SDL and integration of IP with ICT. The conceptualization of these two processes had been slow and difficult, but having unpacked and better understood the process with the help of my professional learning team, I hope to overcome some of these difficulties currently faced next year. So, I decided now to use this holiday to regain my initiative and that I will be more productive and effective in the coming New Year 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, with your consistent reflection, you have clearly grown and become the person that you want to be. And you have become better at your work each month and each project.
    Thanks for your leadership.

    ReplyDelete